Friday, April 28, 2017

Week 14

I'm nearly completely finished with my documentary of all the high school students I've interviewed, and these are the last few weeks of my internship. I've been recording more and more of what the students say during class, and I'd like to share some gems from the third graders:

Student 1: "Did you know the moon landing was actually fake?" The teacher answered this by stating that the moon landing is fake just like Elvis Presley dying is fake; no one really knows.

Student 2: "Can I go to the bathroom?"
Teacher: "I don't know, can you?"
Student 2: "YES!" The student proceeded to jump up and sprint across the room until the teacher could stop him. 

Student 3: (in the middle of a silent reading break): "Do dogs float?"

Sixth grader 1: "Puberty is the most powerful force of the gods. It's a fact."

Sixth grader 2: "Why do all kids love their moms more than their dads?"

I also got the opportunity to watch the first graders rehearse for their bugs concert/play, and I have to say the first graders from my class were by far the cutest. They can sing better than me too! 

AZ Merit testing is finally over and I have a feeling the rest of the school year will be a blast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment